Dr. Zachary Johnson
Fellowship-Trained Neurosurgeon in Plano, Texas
Dr. Zachary Johnson holds a bachelor’s degree in biology from Mississippi College, where he graduated with honors in 2011. After that, he completed medical school at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, earning his MD in 2016. During his time in medical school, he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha and Phi Kappa Phi Honor Societies, was selected by his peers for induction into the Gold Humanism Honor Society, and received the UMMC Neurosurgery Merit Award.
Following medical school, Dr. Johnson completed both his residency in neurosurgery and a spine surgery fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. His fellowship focused on surgical treatment for the full spectrum of spine pathology, from minimally invasive techniques, including spinal surgical robotics, to complex spine pathologies, including spinal deformity and spinal oncology.
Dr. Johnson joined Dallas Neurosurgical & Spine in 2023 as a fellowship-trained neurosurgeon. He is a member of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons, the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Texas Association of Neurological Surgeons and the North American Spine Society. He is passionate about helping patients, focusing on developing a personalized treatment plan for each patient in line with their individual situation and goals.
In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, hiking, and playing sports – particularly soccer, pickleball, and golf. Dr. Johnson is currently seeing patients in our Plano office.
Areas of Expertise
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Degenerative Spine Pathology
- Adult spinal deformity and complex reconstructive spine surgery
- Spinal oncology
- Chiari Malformation
- Treatment of trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm
- Treatment of primary and metastatic brain tumors
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
Education and Training
- B.S. – Mississippi College
- M.D. – The University of Mississippi School of Medicine
- Internship and Residency – UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Additional Training
- Complex Spine Surgery Enfolded Fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Gamma Knife ICON Certification